We understand that it can be a challenge to engage in support especially when it is a new experience. Often our previous experiences of help and how we view or feel about ourselves can make the transition quite challenging for some of us.
A Recovery Buddy is a member of Better Together who can provide you with initial support while you get to know and experience what we have to offer. A Recovery Buddy can support you with:
- Logging onto a meeting
- Using the website to give feedback and ideas
- Talking to you after a meeting
- Helping you decide which supports would best suit you
- Talking through any difficulties you may be experiencing using the supports
- Checking in with you from time to time (if you wish)
If you are interested in more information about Recovery Buddy, feel free to email us.